Mold in The Home
Mold in your dwelling usually isn’t much of an issue, but in some instances whether your home is 100 years old or recently built, you may be overrun by a mold problem. Mold in your home could keep growing and thriving in hidden areas and it will ultimately destroy your immune system.
People usually see these kinds of issues that suggest a mold problem:
- Black specks on your water softener
- Allergies all the time
- Extraordinarily tired for no reason
- Unwarranted confusion
- Sinus headaches with pressure around the eyes
Places in your home where there is unneeded dampness and organic material such as wood, paper, dust and insulation are susceptible to mold growth. Moisture could be caused by too much humidity in the kitchen, bathroom and laundry. The moisture source causing mold in the home could be from a leaking pipe or a faulty roof. The water may be penetrating down the side of the bathtub because of defective caulking. These moisture areas are the frequent suspects.
The gutters may be the water problem that is causing the mold in your home. The downspouts may need to be routed farther away from your foundation, the gutters might require cleaning, or water damage is happening during the snow melt each year.
To control mold in your home you must control the water first. Remediate the mold, then make sure the area stays dry. Mold needs oxygen, water and a contained area to cause problems. Our houses are a contained space and unless you properly use the HVAC systems and/or keep the ventilation through open windows.
The easiest and most controllable element is the water. Stop it and mold can’t grow. Keep notes on your health if you have some of the issues outlined above and especially note if you feel best while away from home for several hours. That is a huge indication that you have an issue with mold in your home.
Mold in the home may be dangerous to your family and pets. After mold is left to thrive unchecked it will methodically creep into your health by basically breaking down your immune system. That will allow other diseases to infect you and that is severe. Mold will not be seen as a disease, so doctors will treat the problems of whatever disease is showing. Meanwhile the mold will keep thriving and destroying your health.
Be sure to eliminate mold in your home before it gets a hold to unhinge your health. Be sure to eliminate moisture areas and keep looking for signs that may indicate mold in the home.
Thousands of mold sufferers have called Bio-Clean of Utah and found solutions to their mold issues. In many instances these people have had unusual medical problems with mold as their root cause. They have been treated for all kinds of other diseases. When new home construction methods and energy efficiency improved, mold became a bigger issue because if your home is air tight. For a safe and healthy lifestyle, eliminate mold in your home.