What Should We Do To Remove Mold From a Window?
The most suitable environment for the formation of mold is when the atmosphere is humid or when there is a good amount of moisture in the environment. During rain, snow or dew we can notice that the rate of the mold formation at its top. Mold is nothing more but a so called fungus. Mold can be harmful if it is in air or in any other medium where it can be touched. Especially children or pregnant women can have more diverse effects than any other. The most common effect due to the mold infection we can see is the problem while breathing. It is more advisable to remove mold as soon as possible before its effects got worsen.
Mostly mold can be found in the furniture of any residents like windows, doors or any wooden things as it is the most perfect one for their growth. Mold not only damage your furniture but as we said it cause various health problems. There are many professionals available today but if you think that the mold can be removed by yourself then you need to keep some of the precautions while removing mold from window. There are several steps to follow when you are going to remove mold. Here I have described steps which should be followed as especially when you are going to remove mold from the window.
- Bring plastic sheet, chlorine bleach or any other solution needed, glows, mask, spray bottle, toothbrush, bowl or bucket, vinegar etc
- Cover the area underneath window from both the sides within the radius of 2 foot with plastic sheet.
- Pull the screen out of the track and set it aside so you can access all of the window glass.
- Fill your spray bottle with a solution of three parts water to one part chlorine bleach.
- Shake the bottle to mix the liquids thoroughly.
- Make sure the top is closed before you start.
- Wear a mask and goggles.
- Spray the glass in horizontal rows, beginning at the top of the window and moving downward.
- Let the solution set for 5 minutes.
- Then wipe each window with a damp cotton rag to rinse it off.
- Pour 2 cups of white vinegar into a bowl and add 3 cups of very hot water.
- Stir this solution and pour it into a second spray bottle.
- Again spray the glass in horizontal rows, beginning at the top of the window and moving downward.
- Clean any mildew out of the window frames using your bleach solution and an old toothbrush.
- Use the sprayer nozzle on the hose to rinse.
- Let the windows air dry or wipe them dry with a microfiber or moleskin cloth.
- Pull up your plastic sheeting and throw it away. Do not reuse it.
Sometimes you need a professional to help with those tough mold problems. Bio-Clean of Utah will provide professional quality mold removal and mold testing. Give us a call at 801-335.3227 or visit our website to schedule your appointment.